The Sheet Metal Workers’ Local #33 Youngstown District J. A. T. C. is looking for Applicants to fill the position of Training Coordinator.
The duties of Coordinator are as follows:
- Develops and schedules program plan for all Apprentice and Journeyperson training courses in conjunction with Lead Instructor.
- Recruits and supervises instructors for Apprentice and Journeyperson training.
- Develops short and long range program goals and objectives in conjunction with Lead Instructor, implements necessary revisions.
- Oversee daily operation of the Apprenticeship program, routine correspondence and telecommunications.
- Maintains the Apprentice records, monthly work reports, contractor evaluations, and Committee and contractor correspondence.
- Prepares the monthly Committee meeting, including sending out the meeting notices, letters to appear, the agenda and the writing of checks to cover invoices received.
- Prepares the correspondences as required by the Committee’s action at their meeting and mails or conveys it to the appropriate parties.
- Confers with, advises and councils Apprentices.
- Evaluates program effectiveness to develop and implement improved methods, devises evaluation methodology and implements same; analyzes results and takes proper action based on outcome.
- Reports monthly or at scheduled meetings to the Committee on the operation of the program.
- Prepares periodic reports on program activities, progress, status or other special reports for the Committee or outside agencies, maintains records of the same.
- Develops program budget, operates program within budget guidelines.
- Purchase materials and educational supplies as required, recommends purchase of equipment, and completes purchase upon approval of the Committee.
- Provides a link between the Committee, Instructors and Contractors regarding the program policies, procedures, and goals.
- Implements changes in program policies, procedures and goals.
- Designs and develops programs to obtain grants and/ or other financially beneficial programs.
- Confers with and advises others to provide technical advice, problem solving assistance, answers to questions and policy interpretations.
- Interacts with outside agencies involved with and regarding all aspects of the Apprenticeship program.
- Develops, compiles and writes communications and promotional literature for distribution.
- Recruits Apprentice applicants utilizing the most appropriate available promotional materials.
- Schedules selection process, corresponds with applicants, notifies outside organizations and maintains records as required.
- Reviews Contractor requests for new Apprentices and verifies the qualification of the request.
- Updates website information as may be needed from time to time.
- Works in conjunction with the Business Representative and Contractors to relocate laid off Apprentices.
- Visits Contractors periodically to obtain direct evaluation of Apprentices.
- Attends classes and or training seminars and meetings as may be required by the International Training Institute and/ or the JATC.
- Involves the Apprentices in programs that benefit their training, the community and the JATC’s parent organization (SMWIA #33 and the local SMACNA chapter).
- Investigating the development of additional School-to-Apprenticeship linkages with other Vocational Education Program Directors within our jurisdictional area.
- Responds to any other items or situations that may occur which have a direct impact on the Apprenticeship and/ or Journeyperson training program.
Please send all applications to:
Sheet Metal Workers’ Local #33 JATC
200 McClurg Rd., Boardman, Ohio 44512
Attn: Travis Hoskinson
Co-Chairman Youngstown District JATC